Wow! That was a wierd problem. I haven’t done much with embedding videos online before, so I’m learning a lot about the nuances. I was getting a 404 error from a .flv file that I was using with a flash .swf file. Luckily, there’s been other people with the same problem (I love google).
- On the Windows 2003 server, open the Internet Information Services Manager.
- Expand the Local Computer Server.
- Right-click the local computer server and select Properties.
- Select the MIME Types tab.
- Click New and enter the following information:
- Associated Extension box: .FLV
- MIME Type box:flv-application/octet-stream
- Click OK.
- Restart the World Wide Web Publishing service.
The original article I found is here